Check other links:
- Narasimha suladhi
- Sri Harikathamruta Saara
- Jagannatha dasaru thathva suvvali
- Jagannatha dasaru compositions
- Dasara padagalu on jagannatha dasaru
Jalasheshta nibhaakaaraM jagadeesha Padaashrayam
Jagatheethala VikhyaataM jagannatha GuruM Baje ||
- Period: 1727 to 1809
- Avatara: Sahlaada the brother of Prahlada, Salya in Dwapara yuga
- Initial Name: Sri Srinivasacharyaru
- Parents : Sri Narasappa & Smt Lakshmakka
- Gurugalu: earlier life had studied sashthras under Varadendra Thirtharu of SRS Matha, Sri Vijayadasaru, Sri Gopaladasaru
- Ankita: Jaganatha Vittala
- Place: Manvi Taluk,Raichur District,Karnataka.
Srinivasacharya became jagannatha dasaru
Srinivasacharya was a great sanskrit scholor before becoming Daasa. He had ego about his knowledge and disliked the Haridasas of that time. He had thought that Kannada Devaranama had nothing with jnaana. Vijayadasaru has invited Srinivasacharyaru to come for the theertha prasada and he had accepted to attend the theerthaprasada and never turned up. So, Vijayadasaru had sent one of his disciple to bring Srinivasacharyaru. But Srinivasacharya refused to come saying he is suffering from stomach problem. After Srinivasacharyaru failed to turn up, Vijayadasaru had the theertha prasada.
From that day, Srinivasa developed intense stomach problems which worsened day by the day, finally reaching unbearable pain. Srinivasa went to Tirupathi, Ghatikaachala and Mantralaya, performing intense Seva to Thimmappa, Narasimha Devaru, Vaayu Devaru and Rayaru. He even thought of commiting suicide.
Sri Rayaru appeared in his dream and asked him to go to Sri Vijayadasaru. He immediately approached Vijayadasaru, who in turn, asked him to go to Gopaladasaru, who is his going to be his guru. Sri Gopaladasaru as per orders of Vijaya Dasaru, donated 40 years of his Ayushya to Srinivasacharya.
Then Srinivasacharya, decided to become a Haridaasa. Sri Gopala daasaru gave him Haridaasa Deekshe and directed him to Pandarapur for ankitha.
There Srinivasacharya, found a stone bearing the words “Jagannatha Vittala”. From that day, he started composing songs with that ankitha. He became renowned as Jagannatha Daasaru.
Composer of Harikathamruta sara:
- Sri Hari Kathamrutha Saara is one of the foremost works of Sri Jagannatha Dasaru.
- Sri Jagannatha Dasaru, in 32 chapters, has compiled every philosophical tenet of Tatvavaada by Sri Madhwacharya.
- Hence, it is no doubt that Sri Hari Kathamrutha Saara is considered a literary gem of Kannada Daasa Sahitya.
- It is written in the Bhamini Satpadi meter and is an epitome of Madhva theology, in 32 sandhis (chpaters)
This Kannada work has the special honor of having a very sanskrit commentary (teeka)by Sankarsana Odeyaru disciple of Sri Visvapriya Tiirtha of Sode mutt.
32 sandis of Hari kathamruta saara:
- Mangalacharana Sandhi
- Karuna Sandhi
- Vyapthi Sandhi
- Bhojanarasavibhaga Sandhi
- Vibhuthi Sandhi
- Panchamahayajnya Sandhi
- Panchatanmathra Sandhi
- Mathruka Sandhi
- Udattanudatta Sandhi
- Sarvaprathika Sandhi
- Sthavara Jangama Sandhi
- Nadiprakarana Sandhi
- Namasmarana Sandhi
- Pithrugana Sandhi
- Shvasa Sandhi
- Dattaswathanthrya Sandhi
- Swagathaswathanthrya Sandhi
- Sarvaswathanthrya Sandhi
- Karmavimochana Sandhi
- Gunatarathamya Sandhi
- Bruhatharathamya Sandhi
- Sakaladurithanivarana Sandhi
- Aparokshatarathamya Sandhi
- Bimbhopasana Sandhi
- Arohanatarathamya Sandhi
- Anukramanikavarohana tarathamya Sandhi
- Anutarathamya Sandhi
- Sri Vigneshwara Sthotra Sandhi
- Deva Daithyatarathamya Sandhi
- Daithyatarathamya Sandhi
- Naivedhyaprakarana Sandhi
- Kakshataratamya Sandhi
In the year 1809 AD, on Bharapada shuddha navami, Sri Jagannatha dasa completed his divine journey on this world.
Every year on this day, his aradhana is celebrated with utmost devotion and bakthi all over the world