- Kolu haadu is a long poem (Dheergakriti) of 217 stanzas (Nudis).
- Each stanza consists of four lines only out of which second and third lines are repeated.
- The whole song is set in folk tune in the raga Naada nama Kriye.
- The theme of Kolu Haadu is based on a story in Mahabharata Aswamedha Parva. In this story, Rukmini, Sri Krishna, Subhadra and Arjuna had mutual conversations and friendly debates. In that debate they apparently accuse each other mildly and this poem is of the gendre of Ninda Stuti.
- In the ninda stuti apparent accusations / insults handled actually turn out to be stuti or praise of Lord God only. This poem is of that type. The poem has all Navaras in it including Haasya Rasa (Humour). This poem earned the title “Yukteyalli Mohana” for Sri Mohana Daasa.
|1 – 3||Mangalaacharane|
|5 – 28||Chathura vimshadhi roopa|
|29 – 35||Vyuha roopa varnana|
|36 – 43||Tharathamya varnana|
|44 – 57||Madhwaacharyaru , Guru and other dasaru prarthana|
|58 – 65||Krishna leela varnana, dwarakapuri varnana|
|66 – 75||Devata stuthi on sri Krishna|
|76 – 94||Madhwamatha significance and Maayavadha kandana|
|95 – 120||Vaikunta varnana|
|121 – 209||Rukmini – Krishna, Subhadra – Arjuna debates|
|210 – 217||Greatness of the work|