Shri Raghavendra Swamigalu is kaliyuga kamaadhenu. Millions of devotees are visiting rayaru in Mantralayam and various branches all over the world. People doing seva to Rayaru with proper sankalpa and pradakshine for minimum of 3 days to maximum days they can do. People who can’t visit mantralayam or who cant do seva in Mutt, can also do sankalpa at home and do the pradakshine namaskara with madi and bakthi to rayaru photo at home itself.
• The best day to worship Sri Rayaru is Thursdays, you can start this seva on Thursday or on any good day
• Men should wear Dhothi(white color) vasthra. women should wear saree.
• If you are starting seva say on Thursday morning, Make sure that you wash the clothes previous day and make it dry on a separate madi line
• Don’t use bed or pillows for all the seva days. Sleep on the floor covered with any clean clothes or mat.
• Wake up early in the morning to do seva.
• Don’t watch television or any entertaining programme or don’t use mobile as this would deviate your attention.
• Do fasting in the morning.
• Do smarane of sri Raghavendra theertharu as much as possible during these seva days.
• Avoid unwanted chatting, gossiping and keep silence and concentrate on rayaru as much as possible.
1. First, make the place of the pooja very clean.
2. Then, apply kolam (or) Rangoli in the Pooja place.
3. Then, place a small mane and clean the mane and also apply kolam on the mane.
4. In the mane, place ganesh idol. Pray to Ganesh that your pooja should be completed without any hurdles and all your wishes to be fulfilled.
5. On the top of the Mane, place Sri Raghavendra’s photo.
6. The photo should be cleaned and should be applied along with Sandalwood and kumkum.
7. Then decorate the photo with flowers
8. Place a lamp on either side of the mane.
9. Keep the mane in the center of your pooja room. Which could accommodate you to do pradakshine
10. Keep fruits, coconut, beetle leaves, beetel nuts(Neivedhyam)etc and place it in front of the mane.
11. Light the diyas, Do the sankalpa
12. Do deepam, dhoopam, and neivedhyam
13. Do Pradhakshanam around the photo
14. We should make 11 Pradhakshanams(minimum) and while doing so, chant this mantra.
“Poojyaya Sri Raghavendraya Sathya Dharma Radhayacha
Bhajatham Kalpavrukshaya Namatham Kamadhenuvae”
15. Finally do the Namaskaram and finish the pooja.
16. Take food only in the morning after doing pradakshine namskara. Avoid Food in the dinner. If unable to fast in the night, Consume fruits and milk
17. Do pradakshine and namaskaram in the evening too
18. Follow this same procedure of doing the seva for ‘3 continous days’ or 5, 7 , 9 ,11 etc
19. During the seva days, do not sleep in bed;
20. After finishing seva, next day break the coconut kept as neivedhyam for rayaru and distribute it to your family members
21. It is believed that whoever has performed this seva with complete faith and devotion, their wishes gets fulfilled by the grace of lord rayaru.
22. It is also believed whoever does with dedication, will get a dream related to the purpose of seva.